Sunday, May 17, 2009

How it all started.

Who would have thought that when I was invited to a classmates home for a barbecue to celebrate their new home that I would be meeting my future husband? Alright, I'll back up a bit.

Doug & Jennifer had recently moved to Waverly and invited me over to their house for supper and to see the new house, meet their kids and a friend (Jason). You see, Doug and I went to school together in Audubon and I honestly hadn't seen him for YEARS until he came into the Real Estate office I was working at, looking for a house for he and his family. Jason & Doug had worked together in Ida Grove.

So....the night of the supper came. Honestly, I wasn't sure I was going to be going but decided I would. It was a great night, wonderful supper, got to catch up on things since high school. After supper we decided to all go to Waterloo for the fireworks. Jason & I still laugh about trying to get one of the kids out of the carseat to see the fireworks better and almost taking her head off. Wow, now we can unbuckle a carseat with one hand and not even be looking in the direction of that carseat. When we returned to Waverly, neither one of us really wanted to leave but we also knew that Doug & Jennifer needed to get the kids in bed, so we left.

A couple of nights later I got a phone call from Jason asking me out again with more friends of his. And so the dating began.....by the way, how did he get my phone number? I don't think I gave it to him!! Unfortunatly, about three weeks after we started dating, I got a job in DesMoines and moved with my sister. For some strange reason, the only person I thought about telling about the move was Jason. I had known him only about a month and I was sure this would be the end of the dating, but no, he helped us move. And the long distant dating began!! One weekend in DesMoines, one weekend in LaPorte City. -- good thing gas was only 99 cents a gallon then. For 8 months this continued until I finally came to my senses and realize that I really hated it in DesMoines, so WE moved to New Hampton in March and in July......

he proposed! and the following May we were married.


May 13, 2000
Mr. & Mrs. Jason Scanlan

So now I have bored everyone with our story, but it was fun remembering it all also.

Happy Anniversary Jason, I loved you so much then and believe it or not I love you even more now. Thank you for everything you have given me and do for me. I hope we have MANY more anniversaries in the future.

Jeni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the "we" you mention moving to New Hampton was you and Jason. You left me in Des Moines alone!! :)