Friday, April 25, 2008

Iowa Weather!

WOW!

The weather around here lately has just been ........... strange.

I can hardly believe that it is the 25th of April and our furnace is on tonight. Last night we were kept awake by lighting and thunder, ALL NIGHT. We even lost electricity for a few hours. The drive to Tripoli to take Jordan to daycare and me to get to work in Waverly was very interesting. The ditches were full of water and you could see where the water was over the road at some time during the storm. During the drive to Tripoli I noticed something really strange in the ditch, upon closer observation this is what I noticed.......

This is a culvert that once went under a field drive along side the road. Notice in the second picture how the grass is still on the top of the culvert...

There were even places that I couldn't drive because the road was still covered in water. Somebody, in wonderful wisdom, placed a sign on the edge of the water over the road to warn drivers as to what was ahead...... the sign stated very clearly

"WATER OVER ROAD"

Gee, I didn't know that was what that was. I was going to get a picture, but there were about 3 cars behind me that were also trying to turn around to get to work.

On a nicer note, I took this sunrise photo about a month ago and would like to share it also.

This was taken just south of our house, once again on the way to Tripoli one morning. It was WONDERFUL!

Enjoy the Iowa weather!

by Jeni

No comments: